This summer many students will lose some of the knowledge their teachers and parents have worked so hard to instill in them. It can be hard to motivate kids to stay on top of reading, math, and science skills during the summer. One way to combat this is with audiobooks. Listening and reading along to fun audiobooks will keep students engaged in a unique way.
We’ve broken down the hottest books that are either coming this summer or are newly released. You can always get your favorite book in the audio form and read along with your favorite Encore Data Products headphones. We will show you which are best for audiobooks as well. Check out our list of books below broken down for Elementary, Jr. High, and High School aged kids.
- Daniel’s Good Day: Follow along as Daniel takes a walk around his neighborhood and polls his neighbors. What makes a good day for you? Read the many unique and funny responses.
- Vroom: One night Annie puts on her helmet and hops in her race car. She takes off through her bedroom window and goes on an adventure. Enjoy this adventure and see what Annie can do on her own.
- Elvis Is King: This book captures Elvis’s amazing life and the heart of rock ‘n’ roll. Illustrated with clay figures it’s a captivating introduction for a new generation of young readers to the iconic performer.
- Dragons are Real: This book teaches kids about the magical world of dragons. From their favorite meal to their fire sneezes learn all the best dragon facts.
- Max and the Midknights: This is a new series by the creator of Big Nate. This book is packed with jokes and is set in medieval times.
- The Friendship War: From the author if Frindle comes the story of two former best friends who become pitted against each other.
- Dragon Pearl: Percy Jackson and the Olympians creator has a new series. It’s packed with Korean mythology, magic, and sci-fi. In this adventure we have 13-year-old Min searching for her lost brother in outer space.
- Sea Sirens: This new series is filled with Vietnamese legends. It follows a girl named Trot and her irritable talking cat as they are thrown into an undersea war.
- The Rest of the Story: Emma remembers the stories her late mother told her about growing up on the shores of a lake. Read along as Emma spends a summer with her mother’s family at the same lake.
- Stepsister: There are many versions of Cinderella but few that go beyond the royal marriage and the family. In this feminist re-telling, we follow ugly stepsister Isabella. There is plenty of adventures and advocating autonomy.
- Superman Dawnbreaker (DC Icons #4): Part of the DC Icons series we follow the story of a teenage Clark Kent. Clark stumbles on a dark secret in Smallville and gets his best friends to help him save their town.
- The Last Voyage of Poe Blythe: Fans of the Matched series will love this book involving a river dredge, search for gold, a murdered boyfriend, and a girl determined to get revenge. This post-apocalyptic book will be an all-time favorite.
We hope your kids and students will enjoy this summer reading list. If you decide to download the audiobook version of these we have a few headphones your kids will love to use. Below are a few popular items they will want to try out.
- HamiltonBuhl Flex-Phones: These are super durable and can withstand heavy use. Whatever your kids throw at them, these headphones can handle. They have foam earpieces for extra comfort and a 4ft. cord for movement.
- HamiltonBuhl Primo series: Great for the younger set!
- Bucket of Earbuds: A perfect choice when you need to supply multiple kids.
- AVID AE-42 Headsets: When you need a mic for computer use along with listening.