lED GrowLight Kit - STEAM Education - Indoor Hydroponic Gardening KitHamiltonBuhl
HB LED GrowLight™ Kit
Watch a group of very young children engaged in planting a community garden. What are they learning? They are starting to grasp fundamental concepts about science and the natural world — how much water is needed, what roots are for, how a plant’s growth changes with the seasons, and so forth. These are ideas that lay the groundwork for deeper learning about environmental science and plant biology, critical thinking skills, problem solving, and trial and error.¹
Brain and skills-building experiences early in life are critical for child development, and high-quality early STEM experiences can support children’s growth across areas as diverse as executive function and literacy development.
In fact, just as the industrial revolution made it necessary for all children to learn to read, the technology revolution has made it critical for all children to understand STEM. To support the future of our nation, the seeds of STEM must be planted early, along with and in support of the seeds of literacy. Together, these mutually enhancing, interwoven strands of learning will grow well-informed, critical citizens prepared for a digital tomorrow.
Not every school has access to gardening spaces, but every school wants to provide the critical child development experiences and STEAM education to their students.
This is where the LED GrowLight Kit from HamiltonBuhl comes in.
The HB LED GrowLight Kit provides everything needed for children to plant and grow variety of herbs, fruits and vegetables right in the classroom. Utilizing the very latest LED light with wavelength tuner and hydroponic technology, children will learn about all the variables that control growth of plants including soil types, watering nutrients, CO2 levels, function of roots, as well as see for themselves how different light wavelengths impact plant growth.
With HamiltonBuhl’s LED GrowLight Kit, photosynthesis will no longer be an abstract concept, but will be an observable event as children tune the GrowLight LED lights to the optimal spectrum for the plant they are growing. Our LED GrowLight tuner is designed to allow tuning to the optimal spectrum for the plant during the plants phases of growth form germination to flowering.
Faster, Healthier Growth
The HamiltonBuhl LED GrowLight uses solid-state LED lighting, providing fine-tuned, light optimized plant growth and yield! Our testing consistently delivered 50% faster growth versus standard greenhouse growing methods. While individual results may vary, if you follow the directions, you will see faster, healthier growth!
- Ability to select the wavelength of the light needed for the specific plants during the various growth phases.
- Once setup and turned on, the 3 knobs on the LED GrowLight are used to activate the light wavelength and adjust the intensity of the wavelength spectrum from 0-100% in the Blue, Full-Spectrum White, and Red colors.
- For example, in the early stages of tomato growing, dramatic results in stem diameter and root system are achieved by increasing the blue to red light ratio, whereas leaf growth increase is augmented using higher red to blue ratio at 4+ weeks.
- The HamiltonBuhl LED GrowLight Kit allows experimentation at a level not comparable with standard “one spectrum” systems.
- Curriculum guide with numerous STEAM activities to implement in the classroom.
- Multiple class activities teaching STEM topics from environmental science, plant biology, physics, carbon emissions and its impact, trial and error, problem solving, critical thinking and comparison analysis are at the ready with the LED GrowLight Kit from HamitonBuhl, not to mention the opportunity to sample herbs, fruits and veggies organically grown by the students themselves!
¹McClure, E. R., Guernsey, L., Clements, D. H., Bales, S. N., Nichols, J., Kendall-Taylor, N. and Levine, M.H. (2017). STEM starts early: Grounding Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Education in Early Childhood. New York: The Joan Ganz Cooney Center at Sesame Workshop.